Monday, June 13, 2005

NASCAR and The Glass Slipper

"I don't like your kind." Never were such romantic words spoken....

These were the loving words expressed to me last night by my darling husband of 10 years. "My kind" evidentally being the cruel, unfeeling wife who absconded with the TV remote control after her husband's seemingly A.D.D. induced channel surfing reached epic proportions. Ahhhhhhh!

Okay, so maybe I'm spewing a wee bit of drama here but the fact is, he's in denial. He doesn't think he makes us watch NASCAR all weekend but....shhhhhh, come closer..... he does! The sounds of engines revvving and vroooming and whrrrrring are ever present on a rainy Sunday afternoon, so much so that our 2 year old Hayden recently yelled, "DADDA!!!" and ran straight to the television set when I accidently switched to the wrong channel. Evidentally, Dadda has been moonlighting as a member of somebody's pit crew :-) (unbeknownst to Mama!)

So, imagine my surprise (and giggle) when I walked into the room last evening and found him engaged in the ancient love story of Cinderella as depicted by Drew Barrymore in Ever After. A classic romance ten-fold. And, much to his dismay, he can't help but get absorbed in a good chic flick every now and then, courtesy of LIFETIME ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION, swearing he's slowly turning into a girlie man.


But....I wouldn't have it any other way. He's the best thing I know!

So, go ahead honey....I think Cinderella's stepmom was overly mean to her too :-) Not too worry....we'll balance it out with another race next weekend and all of the testosterone will be back in full swing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What did you say? Oh, I'm sorry, you thought I was paying attention. OK, let me try again - Yes Dear. Ooops, that's what I tell Carole. Well maybe I better think about it a while and get back to you. Nice Blog! Is there nothing you will not try or cannot do?
- Love, Uncle John